Exercises for the development of speed
Exercises for the development of speed. Exercises on the speed of movements.
As with any athlete, speed for a football player is the ability to perform actions in motion at high speed.
Football players need speed to effectively move quickly across the field, perform techniques at high speed and enhance tactical thinking. For the success of the team matters, both the individual speed of the players, and ligaments and the team as a whole.
It is not difficult to notice, looking through the records of old matches, that modern football has reached a whole new level of speed, every year gaining more and more speed in players and team interaction. Comparing the preparation and results, we note that the team, which was ahead in speed, compared with its modern rivals, as a rule, achieved success in competitions. A vivid example of high-speed football is the victory of Dynamo Kyiv in the UEFA Cup Winners Cup 1986.
The high tempo of the game and amazing results in the world championships of their time were demonstrated by the teams of Argentina, Brazil and the USSR, which gave one of the main places in the training process to speed development.
Experts note that speed gains the greatest development at the age of 12-14, therefore its training is most effective in adolescence. But this does not mean that at a later age, this quality does not need to be paid to footballers.
After 14 years, the development of speed is more difficult, therefore, just, you need to pay special attention to speed training. As we already understood, the speed of performing movements is often the decisive factor in winning a competition.
Many exercises before the development of speed are ordinary and simple, to disgrace. As in any other hard-to-work ability, the main thing here is consistency and constant training. Another feature of speed training is working out familiar exercises. Such exercises, fixed by skills, make it possible to focus precisely on speed, and not on the correctness of performing an unfamiliar movement.
Quickness is a physical quality that forces strong muscles to maintain a high response after the reaction speed stage. Exercises for speed are performed immediately after the general warm-up: the heated muscles and joints, plus the lack of fatigue, give the best result in training high-speed qualities. The main method - multiple repetitions at the limit of feelings of fatigue.
All exercises should be tried with the maximum amplitude (swinging, lifting the knee, and so on) and speed.
Exercises for the development of speed without the ball
1. Quick run on the spot with the rise of the thigh (3-4 times for 10 seconds).
2. Running throws at 20-30 meters with a jerk from different positions (low start, sitting, lying and so on - all for 4-5 repetitions).
3. Abrupt stop running on the team.
4. Running with added steps, backwards and other unusual ways for short distances up to 20-25 meters.
5. Combined running with somersaults.
6. Combined without jumps to simulate a head-kick on the ball.
Exercises for the development of speed with a soccer ball
1. Keeping the ball speeding us for short distances (3-4 times for a distance of 10, 20 and 30 meters).
2. Combined exercise: throwing the ball with your hands, hitting the ball, running after the ball, returning to the starting position, kicking the ball with your feet (3-4 repetitions).
3. Hitting the ball at the time of slow reference to the partner’s signal and acceleration behind it (4-6 repetitions).
4. Combined exercise: keeping the ball by kicking the legs in the air, then, at a signal, turn to 180 degrees and speed leading to a distance of 30 meters (3-4 repetitions).
5. Park exercise: the first player while leading the ball directs him forward, the second must catch up and continue dribbling (each must make 4-5 jerks after the ball and move aside).
6. Pair exercise: after hitting the bottom, the partner misses the ball under him in a jump, turns around, catches the ball with a jerk and, after stopping and leading to his original place, returns to the second player (it is useful to do a few dozen times).
7. Strike at speed on the ball lying in 10-12 steps to the intended target at a short distance (repeat several times).
8. The abrupt stop of the ball when driving, changing the direction of movement by 90 degrees (5-6 accelerations in 5-6 steps).